Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday, September 2







Karen and I went to the zoo yesterday. We had a good time. The zoo was very large. While the elephants and monkeys looked like elephants and monkeys, we got a bigger kick out of the signs posted in front of the cages/tanks. So I decided to share a few of them with you. I think our intrepreter thought we were nuts.
After the zoo, we went back to the square to relax and have a drink. Miss Madeline (one of the popular nice girls), kindly put together a care package of sorts for Karen and I. In it are notes with "Do not open until..." messages. We look forward to our messages and decided to open yesterday's while sitting in the square. We included a picture of yesterday's message - riddles!!!! We had a good time with them. Thanks Madeline!
This morning (Sunday) we went to 8:45 am mass. It was an english speaking mass and our priest had an irish accent. Today will be a hanging out day. They are setting up for a concert in the square and it is beautiful outside. That's all for now. We hope to get back to business tomorrow (no Labor Day over here thank God). K&M





























4 comments:

The LaMonica Family said...

Hey Guys,
I love looking at all of the pictures. I never imagined that this part of the country was so beautiful. I miss talking to you k and well you to m. I will be looking for that comment card soon (if ya know what I mean)! R u kidding??? I would love to find a way to print this blog for her baby book... You two are doing great!!!

every day that you ae there is one day closer to getting her!
-pipes & avery (he was looking at the pics)

andy szczepkowski said...

Good morning Karen and Michael from beautiful sunny (low-humidity!) Ocean City...it is just gorgeous here "down the shore". I love getting up every morning, walking down the boardwalk for my coffee, and coming back to "check the blog". Michael, how appropriate that the mass this morning was said by an Irishman! That made me smile.

The signs at the zoo are a crack-up! and you guys sound wonderful. I think about you both all the time and miss you so much! And Karen, it seems like everywhere I turn I'm reminded of you... when I'm shopping, eating, getting my tcby, etc.

Have fun you guys and you are doing a great job keeping us posted! We love you!

Sharon said...

Hola! I am posting from home on this fine Labor Day! Karen I don't think your nuts with those signs, I would be the same way! Danielle was looking at your blog with me. She can't believe how beautiful it is there. It sounds like you both are doing well. I miss you like crazy! I hope things go well next week. I will get all the scoop from Sis when I go back to work on Weds (boo hoo). Our girl Steph left for Florida on Friday. Joanne called her and she sounded nervous about her first flight! You know her! Will be very lonely without the two of you there! Good luck this week! Hope to here some exciting stuff!

Emily's Dad said...

Happy Labor Day Karen and Mike!

Even though Ukrainians don't celebrate the day as we do, you guys are kinda going through your own version of "labor" while you're there... A lot of "pushing" and a lot of "waiting." Eventually it's cigar time!

Looking forward to my cigar...

The Lancaster Sheerins