Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday, August 31

Happy Friday and Happy Labor Day Weekend fellow blogites! In a few hours, many of you will be fighting the traffic to get "down the shore." We hope the weather is good.

It is a bit cooler in Kiev but sunny and very nice. Karen and I have been doing some sight seeing and trying different places to eat. We went to a pizza joint on Wednesday and an Irish Pub last night (I did the fish and chips - Karen did the traditional Irish pub cheeseburger). Earlier in the day we took a boat ride and saw the sights from the water and took the metro back to the square. Today we will be headed to an art museum with our translator.

We are getting good at getting around, ordering food and making sure we have enough water for the next day. After dinner, we usually head back to our apartment - put on a movie and crash. Last night was "Office Space." One of those movies that gets funnier each time you watch it. We found a church that has an English mass on Sunday so if we are still here we are going to give it a shot. Some of you have been asking about the best e-mail address to use if you want to get in touch with us. It is best to use my work e-mail that way we can get it on my blackberry any time. The only way to get mail from other addresses is through the Internet cafe.

We wish we had more news to report than what movie we saw last night (like you really care) but....

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend. M&K

8 comments:

ellen said...

Glad to hear you are keeping yourselves busy. Just remember every day that passes is a day closer to the very special day (God willing). You are in our thoughts. Ellen

Emily's Dad said...

Some of my favorite "Office Space" quotes:

Bob Slydell: I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Bill Lumbergh: Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?
Milton Waddams: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...


Have fun while you wait!

The Lancaster Sheerins

Eileen Scott said...

Staying busy here in Ocean City with Mom Mom, many kids, (including significant others)intense games of Rummy, and hours on the beach!! I think of you guys almost constantly these days, we have three laptops in the kitchen, all bookmarked appropriately!!! I am glad you are taking advantage of what sounds like a beautiful country, full of history! Much love and Prayers-Eileen oxoxox

Julie Smith said...

Office Space is one of my husband's favorite movies as well. He feels the same way as you, the more you watch it the funnier it gets.

Chocolate and lemon icecream together???? Not sure I would like that.

I'm glad to hear that you are learning the ropes of getting around over there, but hope you don't have to stay there much longer. I'm sure it won't be long until this part of your journey will be over and your new journey as parents will begin.

Take care and know you're in my prayers. Julie

The LaMonica Family said...

Hey you two!
Sure do miss you. Miss you k. at work.

Avery will be one in 7 days. Can you believe it... I am working on his party... He cannot wait to have someone to play with:):):))

I am happy to hear that you are finding your way around over there. I will check back later.

~Saying my prayers every moment!
Pipes

The Dollarton Family said...

I have been checking in daily...this is too cool! Anyway, my Annie's favorite VBS song this year is "Trust the Lord" and everytime I hear it in the car...I think of you both. Always remeber...He is your #1 supporter and before you know it you will be home sharing an amazing gift with each of us! Happy Day!
Love, The Dollartons

the manchel family said...

We think of you every day. Looking forward to good news soon. Take care and best wishes!!
The Manchel Family

Karen-I wish the best for you and Michael, take good care of yourself and stay strong.
Love - Carolyn

spider said...

blogs are cool.